Ryan Seacrest’s harassment accuser files police report
Ryan Seacrest‘s former stylist, Suzie Hardy, is continuing to speak out after publicly accusing the TV host of sexual harassment and sexual assault.
On Thursday, March 29, 2018, Hardy, who worked with Seacrest for six years, published an op-ed piece for The Hollywood Reporter, stating that she has taken her allegations to the Los Angeles Police Department.
“Those who work with Ryan seem to hope I will just go away,” she wrote. “Well, I’m not going away. I’m thriving in the truth and feel more inspired than ever. I recently contacted the LAPD and filed a police report so I’m guaranteed a real investigation this time. Ryan’s team of lawyers, who are also representing Harvey Weinstein, do not intimidate me. If Ryan is so innocent, why hasn’t he called me a liar or sued me or presented evidence of my so-called extortion plot?”
Hardy, who called NBCUniversal’s investigation into the allegations “an incomplete investigation of the facts,” went on to explain that she initially avoided disclosing her claims to the E! HR department, because it was “a one-way ticket to the unemployment line.” However, after she gave them an account of her accusations in 2012, she said she was let go without explanation.
“It was never my intention to go public,” Hardy continued, adding, “All I wanted was an apology, some validation and some real action to protect women in the workplace….After closing the books on its ‘inconclusive’ investigation, NBC refused to provide me with any of its findings or even the HR reports from my 2012 claims.”
As Hardy continued, she called out those in the entertainment industry who continue to work with the Live With Kelly and Ryan and American Idol host. “Everyone in Hollywood who stands by Ryan now is choosing not to believe me,” she wrote. “That includes every guest on his shows, every studio and network that does business with him, every celebrity who talks to him on a red carpet. Know that this is a choice you are making.”
As Nicki Swift previously reported, Hardy anonymously told THR that Seacrest had “behaved inappropriately” toward her in November 2017, sparking E! to launch an investigation. At the time, Seacrest vehemently denied the claims, calling them “reckless.”
After the network found no evidence of any wrongdoing, Hardy went public with her claims, telling Variety that Seacrest had hugged her in only his underwear on several occasions and had grabbed her crotch multiple times. In response, Seacrest released a statement to People, calling the story “salacious” and claiming that Hardy had attempted to blackmail him.
Amid the #MeToo and Time’s Up movements, the allegations recently made Seacrest a controversial choice to host E!’s red carpet Oscars event. Notably, a number of celebs to avoided him and spoke with other reporters on the red carpet instead.
In response to Hardy’s recent column, Seacrest’s attorney, Andrew Baum, has since released a statement.
“After Mr. Seacrest denied each and every one of Ms. Hardy’s decade old claims, after Mr. Seacrest refused to pay Ms. Hardy any money whatsoever, and after an independent legal investigation did not support her claims, Ms. Hardy went to the press attacking the legitimacy of the investigation,” he stated. “Now, after being refused money and unhappy with the independent legal investigation, Ms. Hardy now claims to have spoken to the authorities. We will continue to cooperate and we remain confident that Mr. Seacrest will once again be cleared of any wrongdoing.”